Uphill access is closed for the 2019/2020 winter. See you next season!
Hesperus allows uphill access in designated areas outside of operating hours with an uphill pass. This policy has been created for the safety of our guests and employees. Many potential hazards exist in a mountain environment, and under the Colorado Skier Safety Act, any person using any of the facilities of a ski area is considered a skier, and as such is required to adhere to, and obey all posted information, and to be aware of trail closures and other operational considerations.
2020/2021 Uphill Pass Rates
$40 when purchased a la carte
$35 when purchased with the Power Pass, Power Pass Select, Power Pass Local, or Value Pass
- All Uphill skiers must have an uphill pass. Please display this pass or have it with you while you are on resort property as passes must be presented when asked to do so by ski area staff. Uphill passes are valid all season and can be purchased at Purgatory Sports – 2615 Main Ave for $40 ($35 when purchased with a season pass, excluding FREE Power Kids and Super Senior passes and Power Packs). Skiing without a pass will be considered trespassing.
- Please respect the grooming. Do not ski or skin on or across freshly groomed trails except for the cat tracks.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome but must be leashed when in or near the base area. All waste must be picked up, packed out, and properly disposed of. Failure to pick up after your pet will result in loss of skiing privileges.
- Uphill skiing is not allowed during normal operating hours.
- Please remain well clear of any grooming equipment, snowmobiles, and all ski lift infrastructure.
- All uphill users should park at the East end of the parking lot near the rental shop building.
- Uphill skiing is considered BackCountry skiing. No services or medical support is available. Backcountry skiing is an inherently dangerous sport and all users assume all risks associated with the use of the ski area, including the parking lot. Marked and unmarked obstacles exist. If assistance is required call 911.
- No uphill access is allowed during ski area operational hours and these hours vary. See operating hours here.
- The last day of uphill access is April 15.
- Check for trail closures before you ski.
- Terrain Parks are always CLOSED during non-operational hours.
- Uphill travel should occur on the sides of the trail as close to tree line as possible.
Participants must be aware of, and avoid all mountain hazards. These hazards include, but are not limited to:
- Winch Cat operations: Under no circumstance may anyone access any area where winch cat operations are taking place! Operations involve cables that are stretched tightly across the terrain and can be very dangerous! Skiing into them could result in serious injury or death.
- Please respect our signage and flashing beacons.
- Snowcat grooming: Give snowcats a wide berth and make yourself visible to operators. Do not assume the operator will see you.
- Snowmobiles: Ski Area staff may use snowmobiles for mountain maintenance after hours. For your safety, stay to the operator’s right on trails to avoid collisions. Do not assume a snowmobile can stop in time to avoid you, or that the operator will see you!
- Other hazard areas, operations, or conditions may exist. SKI AND RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK!