6-Week SnoKatz Program at Hesperus
SnoKatz lessons will start Monday Feb. 26th. If you are already enrolled please read the recent email sent out and fill out the form. Thank you for your patience and we’ll see you out on the slopes!
If your young skier or snowboarder is age 5-18 and excited to learn new skills and techniques, Hesperus’s SnoKatz program is their gateway to mastering new skills while emphasizing safe skiing and riding.
SnoKatz 6-Week meets once a week for 6 weeks. Students must be of age by January 1, 2018. Space is limited and classes are filled first come, first served.
SnoKatz only: $99
SnoKatz+rentals: $149 (This will come with 1 rental per lesson)
SnoKatz+ 6 lift tickets: $149
SnoKatz+tickets+season long rental: $249
New This Season:
- We’ve extended the program from 5 to 6 days and discounted the program rates!
- This year, guests ages 7 and younger and 4th and 5th graders ski FREE at Hesperus! Kids 7 and younger, 4th and 5th graders may also purchase a Convenience Pass and for just $29 and skip the ticket office window.
- We’ve gone paperless! All paperwork is done online.
How to Register
Program Dates & Times
|Mondays||Updated Hours: 5:30pm – 7:30pm|
|Thursdays and Fridays||Updated Hours: 5:30pm – 7:30pm|
|Monday Classes (ages 5-18)||TBD|
|Thursday Classes (ages 5-18)||TBD|
|Friday Classes (ages 5-18)||TBD|
- All participants must have a season pass or lift ticket. Please make sure your child has an attached season pass or lift ticket before dropping him/her off.
- Fully functional and proper sized equipment is required. All ski equipment must have current DIN bindings, metal edges and brakes. Non-DIN bindings are not acceptable. All snowboards must have bindings, metal edges, a P-tex base and a safety leash. Please use snowboard boots rather than winter boots. Please contact your local rental shop if you have questions about equipment.
- We make every effort to keep the same instructor with their group for each session, but we cannot guarantee it.
- A minimum enrollment of 4 students in the same discipline with the same ability level is required in order for us to form a class.
- Signing a Release of Liability is included as part of the online registration process. If for some reason parents do not register online, they must sign a Release of Liability form at check-in for each child in order for them to participate in the program.
- It is very important that beginners attend every session.
- First day of classes will be an assessment day and group orientation.
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed sessions.
- If the participant will be late, please check in with the front desk of the lodge.
- Parents get a $20 lift ticket while their child is in a SnoKatz lesson (limit one per family).
- SnoKatz will meet at the Yurt at the base of Hesperus. For children that need rentals, we recommend coming 30 minutes prior to the lesson. For children without rentals, showing up 15 minutes prior to each session is recommended.
Signing a Release of Liability is included as part of the online registration process. If for some reason parents do not register online, they must sign a Release of Liability form at check-in for each child in order for them to participate in the program.
Requests to cancel your child’s class that are made at least 14 days prior to start of the program will receive a full refund. Requests made within 14 days prior to the first class will receive a 50% refund. Requests to cancel made on or after the first class will not receive a refund. Cancellations and refunds must be made at the Hesperus front desk or by calling 970-259-3711.
Attendance and Tardiness
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed classes.
- It is very important for all beginners to attend every class.
What Your Child Needs to Bring
- Appropriate clothing for conditions: neck gaiter, goggles, only ONE pair of socks, snow pants, non-fleece gloves or mittens.
- Helmets are required. They can be rented for a cost of $10 per lesson.
- Snacks, lip balm, sun screen, hand warmers on cold days
- Please apply sunscreen and take your child to the restroom before class.