SnoKatz Kids Lesson Program
Young skiers and snowboarders ages 5-13 get 6 weeks of 2-hour evening group lessons with our SnoKatz program. Classes start on January 27, 2020 and are from 5:00-7:00 pm and all students must wear a helmet. Parents get a $20 lift ticket while their child is in a SnoKat Kidz lesson. If you refer a parent to SnoKat Kidz and that parent mentions your name when registering their child(ren), you get 2 adult night skiing lift tickets! Students must be of age by January 1, 2020. Space is limited and classes are filled first-come, first-served.
2019/2020 SnoKatz Registration Fees:
SnoKatz program: $69
SnoKatz program + rentals during lessons*: $99 (all day rental valid only on each day of the program)
Don’t forget: Kids ages 10 and younger get a FREE Power Kids season pass that’s valid at Hesperus, Purgatory and all of our resorts! 5th graders get a FREE lift ticket everyday, too. Learn more.
*Limited rental quantities available.
2019/2020 SnoKatz Program Details
SnoKatz classes are held from 5pm-7pm on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays starting on Monday, January 27, 2020. Note classes will be held as normal on President’s Day, Monday, February 17.
- All participants must have a valid season pass or lift ticket. Please make sure your child has their pass/ticket attached to their jacket/pants/helmet for every session
Fully functional and proper sized equipment is required. All ski equipment must have current DIN bindings, metal edges and brakes. Non-DIN bindings are not acceptable. All snowboards must have bindings, metal edges, a P-tex base and a safety leash. Your youth must also use real snowboard boots; winter boots are not acceptable. Please contact Purgatory Sports if you have questions about equipment.
All young children must be “toilet trained” and willing to participate.
- It is especially important that beginners attend every session.
Pre-registration is required
There will be no class/group changes after the second week of the series
We make every effort to keep the same instructor with their group for each session, but cannot guarantee it
A minimum enrollment of 4 students in the same discipline, with the same ability level is required in order to form a class
There are no refunds or make-up days for missed sessions
Gratuities for instructors are not a requirement, but are an appropriate and appreciated gesture
- SnoKatz will meet at the base of Hesperus. For children that need rentals, we recommend arriving 30 minutes prior to the lesson. For children without rentals, showing up 15 minutes prior to each session is recommended.
Signing a Release of Liability is included as part of the online registration process. If for some reason parents do not register online, they must sign a Release of Liability form at check-in for each child in order for them to participate in the program.
Requests to cancel your child’s class that are made at least 14 days prior to start of the program will receive a full refund. Requests made within 14 days prior to the first class will receive a 50% refund. Requests to cancel made on or after the first class will not receive a refund. Cancellations and refunds must be made at the Hesperus front desk or by calling 970-385-2199.
Attendance and Tardiness
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed classes.
- It is very important for all beginners to attend every class.
What Your Child Needs to Bring
- Appropriate clothing for conditions: neck gaiter, goggles, only ONE pair of socks, snow pants, non-fleece gloves or mittens.
- Helmets are required. They can be rented for a cost of $7 per lesson.
- Snacks, lip balm, sunscreen, hand warmers on cold days
- Please apply sunscreen and take your child to the restroom before class.